Saturday, February 12, 2011

CNY 2011




Yes Gong Xi Fa Cai, Ang Pow Na Lai, cliche, i know, but it's perpetual until now because of it's fun and catchy statement, so no harm saying Ang Pow Na Lai!! yahoooooo!

Anyway, back to my New Year's celebration.
It's quite commendable that I've not miss a single reunion dinner, maybe because food and ang pow's too irresistible decline.

Here's a picture of Yee Sang. I don't really know the significance of this but it's always served during Chinese New Year, normally as an appetizer, where we'll all toss it upwards together with our chopsticks. The only idea i have is it's probably a symbol for prosperity or good luck.



Here the tossing begins where everyone will start tossing together,
wish for, "High Salary", "hope my lecturer will give me extra bonus!", "Good results for exams!!", "Ringgit Malaysia currency increase!" "Euro currency drop!" "Fairer and prettier", "brand new guitar and piano", "iPod, iPad, iphone!"



Then, as usual, we'll take a few family shots.


Me!


My juvenile brother, keep up with your age please. lolz jz kidding, you can play firecrackers as much as you want. -slap on forehead-
I think it's just the nature of boys/guys/men. There must be something intriguing about exploding wrapped substances that comes in variety of shapes and sizes, which of course discharged sounds too and it goes something like this.... 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee POP! ' or 'piuuuuu piuuuuu piuuuuu' or 'tap tap tap tap tap'...


Yes and your money minded sis, is gambling away! Lol jz kiddng, I didn't gamble this year, just played cards with cousins. Funny, I didn't know there's so many types of poker and it took an eleven year old boy to teach me how to play Poker. Texas Poker!
Afterwhich, Chinese Poker was introduced and Indian Poker too.
Dad, grandma, mom, brother and me!


Have a fun day!

xoxo
-Miss V-




1 comment: